Autism in the School
Introduction to Autism (45 minutes)
This is a 45-minute session that provides students with a general understanding of the autism spectrum. The cost for this session is $750 excluding GST (this equates to $30 per student for a class of 25 students).
Autism Inclusion Program
The Program will consist of two group workshops for staff and on-the-floor coaching (as required) at the service. The workshops will be delivered by an experienced Marymead Autism Centre facilitator (who will also do the coaching sessions) and cover a range of topics including:
- what is the Autism spectrum?
- how staff learn from observing the children
- the importance of working in partnership with families
- building relationships with the children over time
- understanding behaviour
- strategies to engage students planning for success
The on-the-floor coaching will provide a ‘real time’ approach, allowing both staff and the Marymead Autism Centre Coach to handle varying situations whilst on the floor with the children. The Coach will build rapport with the staff and work collaboratively. This will in turn provide for:
- an understanding of the current issues as identified by staff
- planning with an aim to fostering independence and individuality for children on the spectrum
- working together to create a team approach to inclusion
- understanding challenging behaviour in the context of OSHC
- support ongoing learning by using the child's strengths and interests as a starting point
- reviewing and adapting existing support strategies to enhance the meaningful participation and ongoing development of the children on the spectrum
The Autism Inclusion Program can be funded by utilising either the Innovative Solutions Support funding or as a fee-for-service program.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and we can provide a quote.