Why undertake a student placement at Marymead?
Marymead is committed to supporting students undertaking tertiary and vocational studies and internships.
We acknowledge the contribution students make to our organisation and aim to provide fulfilling placement based opportunities in a structured, supervised and safe working environment whilst achieving placement requirements. Students will be engaged and managed within the policy and practices of the organisation as well as the guidelines and parameters of specific Marymead programs.
During a placement we endeavour to:
- Facilitate the application of knowledge and skills to the professional environment;
- Match students to an appropriate program or role, based on their interests, study, personality and abilities in a practical work environment;
- Provide students with a professional role model in keeping with Marymead’s values;
- Provide mentoring via constructive feedback;
- Provide a professional reference on the student’s experience and ability;
- Enable Marymead to explore options through student contributions, which may otherwise not be available.
Who can undertake a student placement at Marymead?
Marymead supports students undertaking courses at accredited educational institutions, studying across a range of fields including:
- Social Work, Psychology and Counselling;
- Community Engagement and Youth Work;
- Disability Support Work;
- Child-care and Education;
- Finance, Marketing, Public Relations and Business Management.
How to apply
Submit your application to the Student Placement and Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com or post to:
PO Box 4260
KINGSTON ACT 2604
Your application MUST include:
- Your completed Expression of Interest form;
- Your current Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of the front and back of your current Working with Vulnerable People card or Working with Children Check;
Anything else you deem as relevant.
Marymead’s student placement application timeline
Applications for the next intake will be accepted from 1 - 25 November 2020.
Placement in the next intake period will begin February 2021.
What happens now?
All applications will be assessed.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified in writing and an interview arranged. Those not shortlisted will also be advised in writing.
On completion of all interviews, candidates will be notified in writing.